- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
Make the sauce first:
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often until the sugar melts and turns a golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Pour into a large mould or small, individual moulds and swirl to ensure caramel is even.
- Set aside.
- To prepare custard, beat the eggs, fresh milk and sugar in a bowl.
- Strain mixture before pouring over caramel in moulds.
- Place the mould/s in a water bath in a roasting pan (the water should come 2/3 way up the mould/s).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until set.
- Cool and chill until required.
- To serve, loosen sides with a knife and turn out onto serving plates.
You may also like