- For the filling:
Mix walnuts with white lotus paste. Divide into 6 portions of 45g each. Divide red dragon fruit lotus paste and black sesame lotus paste into 45g portions.
Layer the filling:
White lotus paste on the bottom, black sesame paste in the centre, dragon fruit lotus paste on top. Round up these 3 layers carefully into a ball of filling.
For the mooncake skin: Put golden syrup into a mixing bowl. Stir in alkaline water and bicarbonate of soda to mix. Add corn oil then leave aside for 1 hour. Sift in flour and mix into a dough.
- Cover with cling film and set aside for 2-3 hours to rest. If dough is still sticky and too soft, mix in the extra flour.
- Scale the dough into 45-50g portions. Roll out the dough and wrap each portion around a ball of filling. Dust a mooncake mould with some flour and knock out the excess flour.
- Press the prepared portion of dough into the mooncake mould. Knock the sides of the mould gently to dislodge the mooncake.
- Arrange the mooncakes on a greased baking tray.
- Bake the mooncakes in preheated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes. Remove the mooncakes from the oven and brush with egg wash. Return the mooncakes to the oven and continue baking for 10 minutes.