Egg white and milk make smooth and silky puddings that are low in calories – what you call a guilt-free dessert. This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
This recipe is best with
- 80 g aloe vera
- 250 ml fresh milk
- 60 ml fresh cream
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 egg whites (from Grade A eggs)
- Peel the aloe vera and dice the flesh. Scald with hot water, rinse, and drain well. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine fresh milk, cream and sugar. Place on medium heat and stir the mixture until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and leave to cool completely.
- Whisk the egg whites lightly with a fork and pour into the cooled milk mixture. Stir to combine. Strain the mixture and pour into individual cups or bowls.
- Preheat the oven at 180℃. Arrange the cups or bowls in a deep baking tray. Fill the tray with hot water to come half way up the tray. Place tray in the middle of the oven and bake baine marie-style for 35-40 minutes, or until pudding is set. Remove from the oven.
- Spoon some aloe vera over the pudding. Chill the pudding well in the refrigerator – about 2 hours – before serving.
To prepare pudding mixture