- a handful of dried glass noodles, soaked 10 mins in freshly boiled water, then drained and rinsed with cold water
- 2/3 cup thinly julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly julienned celery root (sub with cucumber or raw papaya)
- 2 spring onions sliced thinly
- 1 red chilli deseeded and sliced (more if you like it spicier)
- a small handful of coriander leaves
- 1 cup of small or medium-sized shelled shrimp, salted lightly and panfried for 3-5 minutes in a bit of oil till just cooked
- 2 tsp lime juice (more if you like it more tongue-tickling)
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- salt to taste
- Mix it all together in a glass salad bowl.
- Adjust taste accordingly.
- Serves 2 right.