- 500g plain flour
- 80g carrot, chopped
- 160ml water
- 3/4 tsp alkaline water (kan sui)
- Combine carrot and water in a food processor. Blend well then remove and strain through a very fine sieve to obtain 200ml carrot juice.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Combine carrot juice with alkaline water and pour into the centre of the flour. Bind mixture together to form a very stiff dough. Knead until well combined and smooth.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is thin enough to be passed through a noodle machine.
- Adjust knob of the noodle machine so that the rollers are at the widest setting to feed the dough. Insert a piece of dough and keep passing dough through the machine, decreasing roller spacing each time until you get the thickness that you desire. Next, pass the dough sheet through the cutting setting to make strands. Repeat the procedure with the remaining dough.
- Remove the strands of noodles and lightly dust in tapioca flour. Store the noodles in an airtight container or plastic bag in the refrigerator or freezer.