This recipe is best with
- 3 tbsp cooking oatmeal
- 100g plain flour pinch of salt
- 125g margarine
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups salmon pieces
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups skimmed milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 100g grated cheese
- Mix oatmeal with flour and salt. Add margarine and stir until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with cold water, continue stirring until pastry is formed.
- Line pastry in a 9-inch (23cm) pie shell.
- Spread onion and salmon pieces over pastry. Combine eggs, skimmed milk, salt and pepper to taste and pour into the pie shell. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake quiche at 218°C (gas 7) for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat to 177°C (gas 4) and continue baking about 30 minutes more. Serve hot or cold.