These savoury Potato Salad Tarts will take you high up the popularity chart. This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
This recipe is best with
- Tart crust
- 100g butter
- 40g icing sugar
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/4 egg
- 150g plain flour
- Cucumber potato salad filling
- 1/2 Japanese cucumber, sliced
- a little salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 ham, sliced and cut into strips
- some mayonnaise
- Beat butter, icing sugar and salt until creamy. Add in egg and mix. Fold in flour and mix into a dough. Refrigerate for a while.
- Take a small portion of the pastry and press into tart moulds. Prick the base with a fork to prevent the base from bulging up. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for about 12-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt over the cucumber slices. Toss and leave aside for 5 minutes. Squeeze the water out of the cucumber and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook potatoes until soft. Remove and mash the potato with a fork. Leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cucumber, potato, ham and mayonnaise. Season to taste.
- Fill the tart cases generously with the salad. Serve at once.