This recipe uses pineapple slices in cheesecake, not common but definitely taste good! If you have a few cans of pineapple in your drawer, try this recipe!
This recipe is best with
- 160g cream cheese
- 80g butter
- 125g castor sugar
- 1 tbsp canned pineapple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 210g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 130g (drained weight) canned pineapple, finely diced and well drained
- 80g golden raisins
- Grease and line a 20x14cm loaf pan; grease the paper. Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add essence and pineapple syrup to mix.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and stir in pineapple and raisins. Stir gently to combine.
- Turn batter into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until cake is cooked through. Leave the cake to stand in the pan for 5-10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- (Tip: Canned pineapple syrup may be replaced with cherry brandy liqueur.)