Deep-fried Belacan Spare-Ribs is perfect for your dinner, try it tonight!
- 600g spare-ribs
- 1½ tbsp tapioca flour
- 1½ tbsp ginger juice
- 1 tbsp sugar or to taste
- 1½ tbsp belacan paste or shrimp paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1½ tbsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau cooking wine
- 2 cloves garlic, pounded
- Chop the spare-ribs into bite-sized pieces. Combine seasoning ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Marinate spare-ribs in the seasoning and set aside for one to two hours or, preferably, overnight.
- Just before deep-frying, add tapioca flour to the marinated spare-ribs and mix well.
- Heat enough oil in a wok until just hot. Deep-fry marinated spare-ribs until golden. Drain from oil and serve immediately.