- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Score the inner pork belly with a sharp knife.
- Rub the meat with 30g of coarse salt and the five-spice powder.
- Pierce metal skewers through the upper and lower portion of the pork belly to prevent it from shrinking during roasting.
- Rub the remaining coarse salt on the skin of the pork belly.
- Roast the pork for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Halfway through the roasting time, remove the roast pork from the oven and rub off all the salt from the skin. Prick the skin all over with a stainless steel tenderiser needle.
- Return the pork to the oven and roast it on high heat until pork is blackened and skin is crispy. Remove from oven and scrape off the blackened part.
- Return to oven and continue roasting till done.
You may also like