This recipe and photo are courtesy of Goo Chui Hoong. She is the author of the Lite Malaysian Favourites Cookbook.
- 700g chicken breast/legs
- 3/4tsp salt
- For Spice Paste:
- 25 g turmeric root, peeled
- 1stalk lemongrass (use the bottom 8cm of the stalk, discard outermost tough layers)
- 100g shallots, peeled
- 40g garlicpeeled
- To make the spice paste: Using a pestle and mortar, pound turmeric, lemongrass, shallots, garlic grinder until it is well blended.
- To prepare the chicken: Marinate the chicken pieces with the salt and spice paste for at least 1 hour or better still, overnight.
- To grill the chicken: Pre-heat the oven at 190˚C for 10 minutes. Grill the chicken on the top rack of the oven for 15 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 220˚C and grill for another 5 minutes. Leave the meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing them into thick cuts and serve.
1 thought on “Grilled Turmeric Chicken”
An easy enough recipe to follow. I would suggest adding 1/2 tsp of Sarawak White Pepper powder to the marinate to enhance the flavour of the grilled meat.