Try this aromatic stir fry for prawns, best paired with rice.
- 500g large prawns
- 1 cup corn flour or tapioca flour
- Enough oil for deep-frying
- 20g shredded coconut
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 10 bird chillies (cilipadi), chopped
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules
- Slit the back of the prawns open and remove entrails. Clean and drain in a colander. Toss prawns in corn flour.
- Deep-fry the prawns in hot oil until golden and crispy. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Dry fry (without oil) the shredded coconut until crispy and golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, fry garlic, lemon grass, cili padi and curry leaves till fragrant. Add seasoning and mix.
- Add prawns and pre-fried coconut. Fry well to combine. Dish up and serve immediately.