- 2 pieces dried scallops
- 300g bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp wolfberries
- For the seasoning
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp garlic oil
- a dash of pepper
- For garnish
- Some Japanese cucumber and carrot slices
- Rinse dried scallops and soak in a small bowl of water for about 15 to 20 minutes, then steam the scallops with a dash of cooking wine and a little sesame oil. Steam for about 20 minutes then let it cool down.
- Tear the softened dried scallops into shreds. Dry the shreds on several pieces of kitchen paper towels. Pan-fry shredded dried scallops on a hot pan without oil for about a minute then add in a little oil and fry till crispy. Remove and put aside.
- Pluck off both ends of the bean sprouts to make sure they are clean and neat. Rinse and soak bean sprouts. Blanch bean sprouts in a pot of salted boiling water for just 10 seconds then briskly drain the sprouts and toss in combined seasoning and add wolfberries to mix.
- Serve the bean sprouts with the crispy fried scallops and garnishing.