This recipe (adapted courtesy of kitchendaily.com) and photo are courtesy of MSD.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth reduced-sodium
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1 large pinch saffron
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 1 cup frozen green peas thawed
- 1 pound white fish of your choice
- 4 lemon wedges optional
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice, broth, thyme, salt, pepper and saffron and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir fry chicken, fish and peas until tender then spread across the rice in an even layer. Cover and continue cooking until the rice is tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and let rest, covered, until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.