Salad in a jar is a brilliant and easy way of making up packed breakfast or lunches – either for the office or for picnics, or even for a party!
- Main Ingredients
- Carrot (sliced) 30g
- Cherry tomatoes 50g
- Steamed corns kernels 100g
- Steamed broccoli 150g
- Cooked spiral pasta 200g
- BMS Organics Raw Pumpkin Seeds/Sunflower Seeds 10g
- Raisins/ Dried Cranberries 15g
- Lettuce/ Cabbage (raw) 30g
- Sesame dressing
- BMS Organics Organic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil 2 tsp
- Balsamic vinegar 2 tsp
- BMS Organics Toasted Black sesame oil 1 tsp
- BMS Organics Light Black Soya Sauce 1 tsp
- BMS Organics Raw honey 1 tsp or to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds 1 tsp
- Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl until it is evenly mixed.
- Get all the main ingredients ready (eg. cook the pasta, wash/ peel/ cut the fruits and vegetables).
- Layer 1: Sesame dressing
- Layer 2: Cherry tomatoes
- Layer 3: Broccoli
- Layer 4: Corn
- Layer 5: Cooked pasta
- Layer 6: Raw lettuce/ cabbage
- Layer 7: Carrots
- Raw pumpkin seeds/ sunflower seeds with raisins/ dried cranberries
- Put the lid on and store the jar in the fridge
- When ready to eat, take off the lid and shake the salad into the bowl or toss gently with a fork until the ingredients are coated with dressing.
Preparing the dressing
Chunk all the ingredients according to the layers into the jar.