- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500g minced meat (any meat of your choice)
- 100ml white wine
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 350g tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and let them sweat for 2-3 minutes or until onion turns soft.
- Add minced meat and cook, stirring continuously for 4-5 minutes or until meat is lightly browned. Pour in white wine and stir in tomato paste, tomatoes and sugar.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until the sauce is fairly thick. Adjust with salt and pepper to taste.