This recipe and photo are courtesy of Mission Foods.
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tomatoes (very ripe)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (finely pounded)
- 1 tbsp gula Melaka (pounded)
- 5 curry leaves (fresh, finely sliced)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (fresh , chopped)
- 1 red chilli (deseeded and finely diced)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- salt to taste
- Place the coriander and cumin seeds in a dry pan and dry roast the spices until the seeds start to pop. Place in a pestle and mortar and grind finely.
- Finely score X’s through the skin of the tomatoes.
- Place in a pot of boiling water to blanch the tomatoes until the skins start to peel away from the tomatoes.
- Remove from the water and place in an icebath.
- Core out the woody part of the tomatoes and roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Mix in the olive oil, then add in the rest of the ingredients and the ground spices.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.