Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Easy Sando Recipes’ series, this crispy and juicy Chicken Katsu sandwich will be your go-to chicken sandwich recipe to make at home!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 2nos chicken breast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp maggi seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Frying Coat for Chicken Katsu:
- 1nos egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 pcs of cabbage leaves (sliced thinly)
- Adequate oil for frying the chicken katsu
- 4 pcs of bread
- BBQ sauce, to taste
- Mayo, to taste
- Marinate the chicken breast with salt, maggi seasoning and black pepper. Set aside in the fridge for at least 1 hour or best overnight,
- Preheat your oil and prepare 3 separate plates for egg, all purpose flour, and breadcrumbs.
- Dip the chicken breast into the egg then coat with flour followed by egg again and then coat with the breadcrumbs. Repeat till you're done.
- Once oil is hot, fry the chicken on medium to low heat for 10 mins, 5 mins each side.
- Once it has turned golden brown, drain excess oil and let it set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, you can start preparing for assembling the sandwich together. Starting with bread and spread your desired amount of mayo and BBQ sauce on both slices.
- Then place your chicken katsu on top, followed by the shredded cabbage and then cover with the other piece of bread.
- Wrap firmly in a clip wrap or baking paper to make it easier to slice the sandwich in half. Enjoy!
Marinating the chicken:
Coating the chicken:
Frying and Assembling: