In this “Let’s ‘bake’ this happen more often” series, complete our recommendations with this classic all-time favourite – Easy Homemade Dark Chocolate Cookies, filled with chocolatey goodness.
- 125g butter
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 25g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 180g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder (Unsweetened)
- 175g cooking chocolate chunks / chips
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Finely chop the dark chocolate chunks with knife and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter (in room temperature), both sugars and salt until like and fluffy. Then add in the egg and mix well
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and fold it into a soft dough, and mix in the chopped chocolate.
- Lastly, use your hand to roll the cookie dough into balls and bake them for 10 minutes or until spread and slightly puffed.