Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’ and to all you ramen fans out there! As one of the first recipes in the ‘Cook, Watch and Chill‘ series, we hope to excite you with this fusion cold ramen with fried chicken chop that is fun to make and impressive enough for your date 🙂
Lending its style from the popular Japanese dish, chuka hiyashi, this fusion version is simpler and uses a light soy sauce dressing. As each ingredient is prepared separately before assembling, it’s the perfect time to catch up with your date while flexing those culinary skills!
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 1 chicken chop
- 2 bunch Pak Choy
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- dash of sesame oil
- 3 cm carrot (Julienned)
- 2 packs of ramen noodles
- For the light soy sauce dressing
- 3 tbsp Japanese soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 700ml hot water
- Marinate the chicken chop with salt, pepper and a dash of sesame oil for at least 20 mins. Pan-fry in a skillet and brown each side to get the wonderful charred flavour. After it is cool, cut into slices.
- Dilute the brown sugar with water. Mix in Japanese soy sauce, set aside to cool for later.
- Beat the eggs with some soy sauce and pepper then pour into a skillet with low heat. Slowly roll the egg into roll shape using a pair of chopsticks or spatula once the egg starts to set.
- Heat up a pot of water and prepare a separate bowl of cool water at the side. When it is at boiling point, blanch pak choy for about 10 secs, remove and place inside the cool water. Remove and set aside. Repeat steps with carrots.
- For ramen noodles, boil it for 4-5 mins or until cooked according to packet instruction. Remove and drain with cold water as well. Set aside.
- Place the ramen noodle in two bowls, arrange each of the bowl with all the toppings. Pour in the light soy dressing and enjoy!