Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Mehh-Ry Christmas’ series, a hearty and comforting stew where the chunks of lamb and potatoes just melt in your mouth! Even better, this easy recipe can be prepared with just one pot!
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 500g boneless lamb cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 yukon potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grounded black pepper
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- Marinate the lamb cubes with salt and black pepper for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat the canola oil in a deep pot with medium heat, then brown the lamb cubes in the pot for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the lamb cubes and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the onions and saute for a bit. Then add in garlic and thyme, continue to saute until the onions are slightly transparent.
- Add in butter and flour. Then stir until the flour is absorbed.
- Once the butter and flour are fully dissolved and combined, pour in the beef broth.
- Lastly, add in the carrots, potatoes, and lamb cubes then bring to a simmer. Then cover and continue to boil for 60 minutes until the proteins and vegetables are tender.
- The dish is ready to serve.