Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this “Say Kimchi and Smile” series, promoting healthy bacteria and probiotics for the overall wellness of your body with Kimchi Pancake.
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 100g kimchi, diced
- 50g shelled prawns, diced
- 35g carrot, cut into thin strips
- Oil for frying
- 100g plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 1 sprig coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 200ml water or just enough
- In a mixing bowl, combine the batter ingredients, adding just enough water as you beat with a whisk to make a light batter.
- Heat about one tbsp oil in a nonstick frying pan. Fry prawns, kimchi and carrots until fragrant. Dish out half and set aside.
- Pour half the quantity of batter over the prawn and kimchi mixture in the pan. Swirl to spread mixture. When the batter is almost set, cover the saucepan with a lid for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Open the lid and flip the pancake over to cook the other side. Continue to flip and cook until both sides are lightly golden. Remove from pan. Repeat with the remaining portions to make another pancake.
- To serve, slice the pancakes. Serve at once.