Christmas is coming soon, our first recipe of the “Cheesy Christmas recipe series” is this Potato Casserole with Turkey Ham and Beef Bacon.
- 5 medium size russet potatoes, sliced
- 25g butter, melted
- 1 medium size yellow onion, sliced
- 250g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 packet of turkey ham
- 1 packet of beef bacon
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 150g mozzarella cheese
- Peel and cut potatoes into 4 or large chunks. Boil potatoes for 10 minutes in a large pot with enough water to cover the potatoes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Drain and set aside to let it cool.
- In a pan, melt the butter and saute the yellow onion until soft. Add in beef bacon for a few minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange the potatoes in the casserole, layered with sauteed onion and beef bacon. Top up with turkey ham.
- Cover the casserole with cheddar and mozzarella cheese and bake it in a preheated oven with 180°C for 20 mins.
- Serve hot.