In this ‘Easy Diwali Snacks’ series, this murukku recipe guarantees you a simple yet addictive one.
- 400g gram dhal flour
- 250g rice flour
- 8g chilli powder
- 6g cumin seeds
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 30g ghee
- 120g thick coconut milk
- water as needed
- oil for frying
- murukku press
- In a bowl, combine the gram dhal flour, rice flour, chili powder, cumin seeds and salt. Mix till well combined.
- Subsequently, add in the ghee and thick coconut milk into the flour mixture.
- Gradually add in water to mix till it forms a stiff dough. It should be stiff enough to hold its shape but soft enough to go through the murukku press smoothly.
- Press the murukku dough into circles, onto a sheet of baking paper. Continue till its finished.
- Heat oil and fry the shaped dough on medium heat till brown and crispy. Drain off excess oil and let it rest aside to cool.
- Once cooled, store the murukku in an airtight container. Consume within 3 weeks.