Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Easy Diwali Snacks’ series, this murukku recipe guarantees you a simple yet addictive one.
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 400g gram dhal flour
- 250g rice flour
- 8g chilli powder
- 6g cumin seeds
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 30g ghee
- 120g thick coconut milk
- water as needed
- oil for frying
- murukku press
- In a bowl, combine the gram dhal flour, rice flour, chili powder, cumin seeds and salt. Mix till well combined.
- Subsequently, add in the ghee and thick coconut milk into the flour mixture.
- Gradually add in water to mix till it forms a stiff dough. It should be stiff enough to hold its shape but soft enough to go through the murukku press smoothly.
- Press the murukku dough into circles, onto a sheet of baking paper. Continue till its finished.
- Heat oil and fry the shaped dough on medium heat till brown and crispy. Drain off excess oil and let it rest aside to cool.
- Once cooled, store the murukku in an airtight container. Consume within 3 weeks.