Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’, proudly brought to you by Kuali and Tesco, our trusted partner.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Check out this week’s meal plan, the ‘Shrimply Amazing CNY recipes to try!’ series:
Stir Fry Prawn and Vegetable – stir fry prawns and vegetable ingredients are sourced easily and simple to cook fish for a reunion dinner with the fam.
Pan-fried Oyster Sauce Prawn – this recipe uses prawns/shrimps which is one of the important ingredients for CNY dishes. It represents liveliness, happiness and good fortune because the Chinese word for the prawns sounds like laughter.
Steamed Tofu with Minced Prawn – let’s transform your common looking tofu into an elegant dish with a touch of some prawn/shrimp meat paste.
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
- Stir Fry Prawn and Vegetable
- 200g broccoli
- 100g cauliflower
- 4pcs baby corn
- 10 slices carrot
- 50g celery
- 200g red bell pepper
- 10 prawn
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oil
- Pan-fried Oyster Sauce Prawn
- 200g broccoli
- 10 prawn
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbps oyster sauce
- 4 tbsp oil
- 30g ginger
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- Steamed Tofu with Minced Prawn
- 2 packet of silky tofu/egg tofu
- 200g prawn/shrimp (peeled, deveined and finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tbsp potato starch or corn starch
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Remove prawn’s shell and feelers, devein them. Bring a pot of water to boil then blanch broccoli and cauliflower separately, rinse and set aside.
- Heat the wok and add cooking oil. Then add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add prawn, fry evenly until it changes colour.
- Add all vegetables except for broccoli and cauliflower, stir fry evenly.
- Then add oyster sauce, salt, fry evenly and then pour a bit of hot water. Finally, add broccoli and cauliflower, stir fry quickly.
- Serve while hot.
- Clean the prawns, remove heads then rinse. Blanch the broccoli and set it aside on a plate.
- Heat the pan with some oil. Add in prawns, fry until both sides are cooked, flip occasionally. Set it aside once done.
- Add in ginger and saute until fragrant. Then toss in the garlic and stir fry.
- Add in oyster sauce and stir fry until combined. Add in prawns, stir evenly.
- Plate the broccoli & prawns. Serve!
- Follow the instructions of the package, remove the tofu from the packing. Cut the tofu into about 2cm thick per piece. Carefully place the tofu on a plate.
- Peel and devein the prawns. Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry with kitchen paper. Use a cleaver, start mincing the prawns until it is fully mashed for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix mashed prawn with salt, sugar, egg white, pepper & corn starch to form a paste.
- Heat up a steamer/pot with water and place a steamer rack inside. Spoon prawn paste and arrange on the tofu.
- Steam in the steamer/pot over high heat for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until the prawn paste is cooked through (changed into red in colour).
- Discard any excess water in the plate. Drizzle with soy sauce & sesame oil. Serve hot.