Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’, proudly brought to you by Kuali and Tesco, our trusted partner.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
In this series – “So mush-room” in my heart”, we present you with an underrated aromatic ingredient – dried mushrooms – and ways to savour it!
Rice Cooker Mushroom Chicken Rice – This Rice Cooker Mushroom Chicken Rice is probably the most effortless recipe you can make at home!
Flat Noodles with Mushroom and Chicken Sauce (Kon Lo Mee) – We have a quick and easy Flat Noodles with Mushroom and Chicken Sauce (Kon Lo Mee) for your busy weekday night.
Mushroom Fried Rice – We show you ways to savour dried mushrooms in this Mushroom Fried Rice that Uncle Roger would approve.
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
- For Rice Cooker Mushroom Chicken Rice
- 350g chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 4 dried mushroom, soaked until soft & slice
- 80g sweet peas, remove the tough fibreous string
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 inch ginger, fine jullienne
- 1-2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil
- 1 cup of rice, washed
- 2 cups water
- For Flat Noodles with Mushroom and Chicken Sauce
- 1/2 pc chicken breast, sliced
- 3 dried mushroom, soaked and sliced
- 80g sweet peas
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 broccoli
- 150g flat chinese wheat or rice noodles
- 2 tbsp kicap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- For Mushroom Fried Rice
- 1pc chicken breast, diced
- 4 dried mushroom, soaked and diced
- 80g sweet peas, destring
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- dash of sesame oil
- 2 slices of ginger, chopped
- Pinch of sesame seed (optional)
- 2 stalks spring onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup overnight rice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- In a rice cooker, drizzle some cooking oil & sesame oil then turn on the cook mode according to the rice grain of your selection. Season the chicken cubes with some salt & pepper white waiting for the cooker pot to heat up.
- Once the oil is heated, add in the ginger & stir fry until fragrant. Then toss in the garlic to give it a quick stir fry until aromatic.
- Add the chicken cubes into the cooker pot & continue stir fry until chicken starts to cook. Then add in the sliced mushrooms & sweet peas in the pot to continue stir fry.
- Pour in the cup of washed rice into the pot and stir well. Then add all the 3 sauces into the pot, combine well with all the ingredients.
- Add the water to the rice cooker and give it a final stir to make sure the rice ingredients are spread out evenly in the pot. Close the cover and let the rice cook.
- When the rice cooker is done cooking for the first time, open the cover & use a pair of chopsticks / a rice scoop to give the rice a quick stir. Then place the broccoli florets on the surface of the rice and close the cover then hit the cook button again for the final cook. (You may add some water if the rice is not cooked to the desired texture.)
- When the rice cooker is done for the second time, scoop out the rice and serve warm.
- Blanch the sweet peas and broccoli. Set aside til further use.
- Boil the flat noodles according to packaging instruction. Drain it and run through cold water to wash off excess starch. Plate it in a bowl.
- To make the sauce, heat a pan on medium heat. Add sesame oil and saute garlic.
- Add chicken slices and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the soaked mushroom and continue to fry till fragrant.
- Mix in kicap manis and dark soy sauce. You may also season with some pepper.
- Add half a cup of water and simmer for another minute. You may add more water if you prefer a more watery consistency.
- Serve the sauce with the flat noodle and blanched vegetables. Enjoy!
- Marinate diced chicken with soy sauce, pepper and dash of sesame oil.
- Blanch sweet peas in hot water for 10 secs till cooked and drain with cool water.
- In the wok, stir fry the diced mushroom briefly without oil till dry and set aside.
- Pour some oil into the pan and stir fry ginger briefly, followed by garlic.
- Add in diced chicken and toss. Add in overnight cooked white rice and continue stir-frying.
- When the wok and ingredients are hot enough and ingredients have dried considerably, add in whipped egg.
- Season with salt and pepper according to liking and continue tossing the rice.
- Remove, plate and enjoy!