Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Oishii Japanese Recipes’ series, this stir-dried udon recipe is one of our top choices for weeknight meals as it’s super quick and easy to prepare. Also versatile with any protein and vegetables!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 200g chicken thigh (cut into small chunks)
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2Tbsp oil
- 1/4 head cabbage (cut into strips)
- 1/2 nos capsicum (cut into strips)
- 2 packet udon noodles
- 1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
- Marinate the chicken thigh with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Turn off the flame and add in the udon noodles. Once it starts to separate, drain the excess water and set aside.
- In a wok, add in the 2Tbsp of oil and fry the minced garlic till fragrant, Subsequently, add in the chicken meat followed by the capsicum and cabbage.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes on high heat before adding in the udon noodles. Season with soy sauce, salt and black pepper. At this point, you could add some water if its too dry.
- Toss it for another 2-3 minutes before transferring over to a serving dish.
- Garnish with some chopped spring onions before serving. Enjoy!