Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Frozen Sweet Corn 3 Ways’ series, this Sweet Corn Ice Cream recipe is the perfect combination of milky and sweet. It requires no churning too!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 120g frozen sweet corn
- 100g evaporated milk
- 70g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 250g whipping cream
- some cornflakes (optional)
- In a pot, combine the frozen sweet corn, evaporated milk, sugar, and salt. Let it simmer at low flame for 10 minutes.
- Once done, let it cool and blend the mixture as smooth as possible. Strain the corn solids and set aside.
- On the other hand, whisk the whipping cream till it forms a soft peak. Make sure to not overwhip and if you see the cream looks split, means you have to discard and start with a new one.
- Then, fold 1/4 of the whipped cream into the blended corn mixture to lighten before incorporating back into the remaining 3/4 whipped cream.
- Make sure to gently fold the mixture as you need to retain as much air as possible, for a lighter ice cream.
- Once done, transfer into a container and let it freeze for at least 4-5 hours before consuming. When serving, top with some crushed cornflakes and enjoy!
- If it turns out a bit hard to scoop, let it sit in the fridge for 10-20 minutes before scooping or use a hot scoop.