Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Shrimply Irresistible’ series, this mouth drooling sweet and sour sauce prawn will definitely make you request an additional bowl of rice.
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 1 medium size red onions, minced
- 6 large prawns / 8-10 medium prawns
- 3 tsp ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tamarind
- 2 tbsp kicap manis
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Marinate the prawns with all the ingredients and keep it in a storage container. Leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare a deep pan to heat with sufficient oil. Insert the prawn one by one and fry until golden brown.
- Set aside to drain excess oil. Plate it with lettuce leaves as the base and serve hot.