Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Watermelon 3 Ways’ series, this Watermelon Rind Pickle is a crunchy and juicy condiment to go along with fried, greasy foods. Also a great way to make use of the rind!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 400g watermelon rind (green part removed)
- 200g vinegar
- 30g sugar
- 200g sweetened carbonated drink
- 1/2tsp salt
- 4nos garlic clove (skin removed)
- Cut the watermelon rind into cubes and set aside in a glass container together with the 4 cloves of garlic
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, sweetened carbonated drink and salt. Mix till sugar dissolves.
- Pour into the glass container filled with watermelon rind cubes. Let it sit for at least 10 hours in the fridge before consuming.
- Best enjoyed with greasy foods like fried chicken!