Pair this condiment with a Malaysian Favourite – a Mini Chicken Satay recipe!
Kuali would like to get to know you more – please do spend 10 secs to let us know your thoughts below!
- 300g peanuts, roasted and coarsely ground
- 2 slices tamarind skin
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- Spice ingredients (ground):
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 2cm ginger
- 2cm piece galangal
- 3 red chillies, seeded
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 tbsp salt or to taste
- Blend spice ingredients in a food processor until fine. Heat oil in a wok and fry onion until soft and fragrant. Add ground spice ingredients to mix.
- Add the tamarind slices and ground peanuts. Stir and fry over low heat for a while.
- Add seasoning and cook to a low simmering boil until sugar has dissolved completely and the sauce is almost thick.
- Dish out and keep aside for use as a dip.