This recipe is best with
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 leek, use only the white portion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2-2 tbsp plain flour
- 450g fresh button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 500ml fresh chicken stock
- 125ml whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley for garnishing
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and fry onion, garlic and leek.
- Cook, stirring for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir briskly until it turns light golden.
- Add the mushrooms and stir for 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms have softened. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Blend the soup in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cream and reheat gently, stirring continuously for 4-5 minutes or until the soup is warmed through.
- Ladle into individual bowls and top up with garnishing.