This dish aims to emulate the teochew-style steamed fish, but with a healthy-twist: we do without the preserved vegetables. Goes well with both rice and porridge!
- 1/2 fish (black snapper used here)
- 1 inch Ginger, sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 block of tofu, cut into cubes
- Light soy sauce
- Wash 1/2 fish and place fish into a bowl.
- Slice ginger and spinkle evenly over bowl.
- Slice tomato and place evenly over bowl.
- Slice tofu and place evenly over bowl.
- Add 5-6 tablespoon of light soy sauce evenly over bowl.
- (No need to add water to light soy sauce because water will be released by fish, tomato, and tofu during the steaming process).
- Place dish into steamer and steam for 30 minutes.
- Serve while hot.