10 Minutes tofu, savory minced chicken/beef topped on a cold and smooth tofu, perfect to match with rice even by itself. Like it’s name suggested, it only takes 10 minutes to make this dish.
- 1 pack soft japanese tofu
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 thin slices ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 100g lean minced chicken or beef
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy source
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp conflour, mixed with 3 tbsp water
- Cucumber, carrot, spring onion and chilli - finely shredded
- Slice tofu into 2 cm slices and lay on a serving plate (it is not necessary to cook).
- Heat oil and fry ginger slices for a minute or two until fragrant.
- Add garlic and fry until golden brown before stirring in the minced meat.
- Season with the light and dark soy sauces, sugar and pepper.
- Lastly swirl in the cornflour mixture and stir until mixture thickens – about 2 minutes
- Take pan off the heat and pour mixture over the tofu slices.
- Sprinkle on the shredded vegetables and serve immediately with rice or noodles.