WHEN I’m reminiscing, the most prominent childhood memory in my mind is when mom made comfort food. So this Mother’s Day, I have got the perfect gift for mom. Treat her to an extra-special breakfast in bed or brunch.
Flowers and gifts are always nice but nothing beats a delicious home-cooked brunch. Let her chill while you wow her with one of the recipes below.
Happy Mother’s Day!
1. Breakfast in Bed: French Toast with Milo/Condensed Milk. Click for recipe.
There are endless possibilities as to what you can do with one simple grilled chicken recipe. Here are four brunch ideas:
2. Cajun Roasted Chicken. Click for recipe.
3. Grilled Chicken Salad with Spicy Ranch Dressing. Click for recipe.
4. Roast Chicken Croquette with Tomato Chutney. Click for recipe.
5. Banh Mi (Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich). Click for recipe.
Chef Alina Hew is a graduate from culinary institute Le Cordon Bleu and is passionate about what she does. She manages Café Madeleine in Sunway University and Cake Crisis Central (C3) in Ara Damansara. C3 is a central kitchen which supplies cakes, breads and café menu to other independent cafes.