- 900g boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1¼ cups plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp each: ground coriander, salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander or mint
- Cut chicken into 2.5cm cubes. Put the onion, garlic, ginger and lemon juice in a blender; puree until smooth. Empty paste into a large non-reactive bowl. Add yoghurt, coriander, salt and cumin; mix well. Add chicken pieces; turn until well coated. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade; thread pieces on skewers. Cook on a grill or under a broiler, turning frequently, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve sprinkled with chopped mint or coriander.