This recipe is best with
- 1/2 cup MAGGI® Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsps MAGGI® Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsps MAGGI® Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tsp MAGGI® Chilli Sauce
- 3 cm fresh ginger, pounded finely
- 4 shallots, pounded finely
- 1kg beef steaks
- Some freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup beer (optional)
- Knobs of butter
- Marinate beef with ingredients overnight. Drain steaks and let it stand for about 10 minutes before cooking.
- Grill over charcoal fire, cooking slowly and evenly, basting frequently with the remaining marinade and butter. Cook for about 8 -10 minutes on each side.