A thermo jar is the new, easy, energy-saving, Earth-friendly and healthy way to cook. And it makes the ultimate portable meal! The recipe below teaches you an excellent way of cooking braised sesame oil chicken in a thermo jar.
This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 10 slices ginger
- 250 g chicken drumstick (cut into small pieces)
- 100 g potato (cut into large cubes)
- 100 g carrot,cut into large cubes
- 100 g lotus root (sliced)
- 300 ml water
- 1 stalk spring onion (cut into 4cm lengths)
- 1 tbsp premium oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 g rock sugar
- Heat sesame oil in a large non-stick saucepan. Fry ginger, chicken, potato, carrot and lotus root briefly. Mix in seasoning then pour in water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour enough boiling water into a thermal food jar. Close and allow the jar to preheat for 2 minutes then pour out the water.
- Tip the pre-cooked ingredients into the preheated jar. Close the jar tightly and leave for 1 hour. Serve garnished with spring onion.