This recipe is best with
- 370g strong flour
- 130g rye flour
- 8g yeast
- 400g water
- 8g salt
- 25g butter
- 8g fried shallots
- Mix all ingredients except fried shallots at slow speed for about 10 minutes followed by another 5 to 10 minutes at medium speed.
- Add fried shallots and continue to mix for another 5 minutes.
- Bulk ferment for about 1 hour (Cover bowl with a damp towel tea cloth).
- Divide into two equal portions (525 g per loaf) and shape into round or oblong.
- Proof for about 30 minutes (double in size)
- Dust surface with rye flour and bake at 210 degrees Celcius for about 30 minutes or until fully baked. (Hollow sound to be heard when tapped to confirm if it is done).
- Cool the loaves on the wire rack before serving.
- Note: Halve the recipe to produce a single loaf.