This recipe is best with
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard (optional)
- 2 thick slices white or brown bread (cut in cubes)
- 500g sausages, fried and sliced thinly shredded
- cheddar cheese
- Grease a baking dish.
- In a bowl beat eggs, add milk, salt and mustard.
- Place a layer of bread cubes in the baking dish then the sausages, then the cheese.
- Lastly pour egg mixture over the top.
- Refrigerate this dish overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 190 deg.C and bake the casserole for 45 minutes till firm. Cool before cutting into squares.