This recipe is best with
- 500g rice
- 650ml water
- 3 big onions, halved and sliced thinly
- (B) Pound:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2cm piece ginger
- 1 star anise (bunga lawang)
- 8 cloves (bunga cengkih)
- 3cm piece cinnamon bark (kulit kayu manis)
- 1/2 tbsp cumin (jintan putih)
- 2 knotted pandan leaves
- 50g butter
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cube Maggi chicken stock
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder (kunyit powder)
- 100g raisins
- 100g mixed vegetables (blanch and drain well)
- 100g toasted slivered almonds
- Wash rice and drain well. Heat butter andoil. Fry (A) and (B) till fragrant and onions turn limp. Add (C). Mix in rice and continue to stir-fry. Add water and pandan leaves.mix in seasoning and turmeric powder.
- Transfer rice to an electric cooker and cooktill rice is fluffy. Loosen the cooked rice with a pair of chopsticks. Add (D) and combine well.
- Dish out and serve with garnishing.