This recipe is best with
- 20 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 240g castor sugar
- 1 tbsp ovalette or Quick 75
- 250g butter
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- 150g durian puree
- 1/4 tsp yellow colouring
- 100g superfine flour, sifted i
- Whisk (A) till fluffy. Beat (B) well and leave aside.
- Blend durian puree and colouring into mixture (A) then add sifted flour. Add the well-beaten mixture (B).
- Grease a 21cm square tin. Line the bottom of the tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Spread 4 tbsp batter on the tin and grill at 200 ºC for about five minutes for each layer. When bubbles are seen on the layer, lower the temperature slightly.
- Once the tin is half-filled, lower the rack. Repeat till batter is finished. Bake the final layer for 10 minutes till cake is evenly cooked.