This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy
This recipe is best with
- 500g Water
- 150g Diced Onion
- 80g Diced Carrot
- 300g Diced Potato
- 20g Sliced Spring Onion
- 2g Salt (to taste)
- 2g Course Black Pepper
- 12g Sugar (to taste)
- 10g Chicken Stock Powder
- 125g Anchor Classic Shredded Mozzarella
- 20g All-Purpose Flour
- 50g Water
- 200g Popiah Skin
- 1000g Cooking Oil
- 80g Thai Chilli Sauce
- In a pan, add in water and potato & carrot and cook until slightly soften.
- Drain both ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in the pan and cook onion until soften and add pre-cooked potato, carrot, spring onion, stir well until combined.
- Season with salt, coarse black pepper, sugar & chicken stock, stir well and set aside.
- Once the mixture completely cools down, mix in mozzarella & keep chill.
- Mix flour and water, this will act as glue later.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Cut popiah skin into 1/2.
- Line straight & long the pre-cut popiah skin, spread with flour glue.
- Add prepared fillings, fold triangle and just before last fold adds glue flour.
- Fry the popiah skin until golden brown & crispy, serve with Thai Chilli Sauce. Enjoy!