- Scoop out ice cream into balls with an ice cream scoop. Wrap the balls in aluminium foil.
- Arrange them in neat rows and pack them up in an airtight plastic container.
- Set freezer compartment of the refrigerator to the lowest temperature and freeze the ice cream balls for a day.
- Remove the aluminium foil from the ice cream balls and coat completely with sponge cake crumbs. Wrap in aluminium foil and deep freeze for a day.
- Combine flour, water and milk and mix well. Beat up egg whites until stiff, then stir gently and lightly into flour mixture.
- Leave batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Remove aluminium foil from the ice cream balls.
- Push a satay stick into each ball of ice cream and dip into the batter. Roll in breadcrumbs.
- Deep freeze again until firm. (It takes two to three hours if the freezer compartment is really cold.)
- Just before deep frying, heat enough clean oil in a wok. (Oil should be just fairly hot and not smoking hot.)
- Deep fry ice cream balls (in batches) until slightly golden. Serve immediately.
You may also like