Here is a simple yet delicious recipe for mushroom dumpling.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Ayam Brand.
- For the wrap:
- 450 g plain flour (and some extra for rolling)
- 1 tsp salt
- 300 ml water
- For the filling:
- 1 can (420g) button mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 4 shallots (finely chopped)
- 4 stalks spring onions
- 250 g cabbage (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Heat a pan and lightly fry all the filling ingredients for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine flour and salt to mix well and pour water to mix into smooth dough.
- Wrap in cling film and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 30-35 small balls. Dust the surface of your work station and roll them into 2.5 inch rounds. Dust flour in between sheets to prevent from sticking.
- Spoon some filling into the wrap, fold in half and seal edges.
- You can cook them in boiling water(for 3-5 mins until dumpling floats to surface) or alternatively, you can also cover and pan fry over medium heat with oil with a little water until skin is cooked and bottom is crisp.
- Serve with julienned ginger and black vinegar.