Crispy wantans always make for a good appetizer to every meal. Try this wantan recipe with the delicious citrusy dipping sauce.
This recipe was first published in Flavours.
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Kumquat Baked Cheesecake with Coconut Caramel
- Orange Chiffon Cake
- Fried Fish Fillet with Special Beanpaste Sauce
- Salted Egg Yolk Prawns
- Lotus Root Salad
- Crisp and Spicy Oyster Mushrooms
- Orange dip
- 4 - 5tbsp plum sauce
- 1 orange (zested)
- 1/2 orange (juiced)
- 1tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 100g chicken (minced)
- 100g shrimp (minced)
- 1 egg (small; white only)
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1stalk spring onions (sliced)
- 1/2tsp white pepperground
- 1/2tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2tsp sugar
- 25 - 30 wantan wrappers
- palm oil for deep frying
- Combine ingredients and adjust to taste.
- In a bowl, combine filling ingredients and season to taste. Fill each wantan wrapper with 1 teaspoon of filling and wrap.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok and deep-fry the wantan till crispy. Drain on paper towels and serve with the dip.
To make dip:
To make wantan: