If you love bread rolls, check out these recipes too:
- Peanut Butter Raisin Rolls
- Green Tea Raisin Rolls
- Honey Peanut Butter Rolls
- Cranberry Walnut Butter Rolls
- Strawberry-flavoured Rolls
- For the dough:
- 250g high Protein flour
- 50g plain flour
- 1 tbsp instant dry yeast
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 100ml water
- 25g butter
- For the filling (stir together until even):
- 200g freshly grated coconut (white part only)
- 80g castor sugar
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg (Grade C)
- Combine all dough ingredients except butter into a mixing bowl. Beat well with a dough hook. Add butter and continue to beat until a pliable dough is achieved.
- Cover dough with a damp tea towel. Leave aside to proof about 50-60 mins or till doubled in size.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle. Spread the coconut filling in the centre, keeping extra filling for garnishing. Roll up the dough into Swiss roll style.
- Cut the roll into equal sections. Arrange the rolls on a greased baking tray. Cover with cling film wrap and set aside to proof for an hour or until doubled in size. Sprinkle extra coconut filling on as a garnishing.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 20-25 mins or till done. Remove rolls onto a wire rack to cool.