Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealhyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian and/or vegan Breakfast recipes, Vegan Orange Pancakes. When I think of Sunday pancakes, it always puts a smile on my face. These vegan pancakes are light and have a hint of orange flavour from the fresh orange juice and zest. Serve with maple syrup, peanut butter, vegan butter or berry compote, and top with fresh fruits and berries of your choice. It is dairy-free and egg-free.
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- ½ tsp Orange Zest
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil / Sunflower Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a blender, blend the orange juice, orange zest, vanilla, maple syrup, and oil into a smooth liquid.
- Pour the blended liquid into the dry mix and whisk by hand.
- Warm a pan over medium heat, and brush lightly with oil.
- For each pancake, drop about ¼ cup of batter into the pan.
- Cook until bubbles form, flip and cook for another minute until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with maple syrup, peanut butter, vegan butter or berry compote, and top with fresh fruits and berries of your choice. Optional: You can chop up dried cranberries and mix them into the batter for cranberry pancakes. Or add vegan chocolate chips.