- Scald trotter in a large saucepan of boiling water for five to six minutes. Remove. Add arrowroot pieces to the remaining hot water and blanch for one to two minutes. Drain.
- Marinate trotter with mushrooms, dried oysters and seasoning ingredients (A) for several hours or preferably overnight.
- Heat a little extra sesame oil and sauté ingredients (B). Add marinated trotter mixture. Stir-fry briskly to combine. Add lotus root and pour in chicken stock. Braise for 40 minutes.
- Add arrowroot pieces and red dates, and simmer for 20 minutes or until trotter meat is tender. (If gravy is reduced, add sufficient water to make up enough gravy.)
- Dish out trotter and ingredients onto a big serving bowl. Thicken the gravy with thickening solution, then pour gravy over the dish. Serve hot.
You may also like