An excellent amalgamation of Pumpkin and Apple Halwa to delight the taste buds.
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
This recipe is best with
- Pumpkin halwa
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 cup dried fruit and chopped nuts (raisins, cashews and almonds)
- 250 g pumpkin (steamed and mashed)
- sugar to taste
- cardamom powder to taste
- Apple sauce
- 4 apples (peeled and diced)
- water enough to cover apples
- 50 ml milk (optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar or to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- cinnamon powder to taste
- In a saucepan, add ghee, dried fruit and nuts, and sauté over low heat.
- Once the raisins puff up, mix in the mashed pumpkin. Add sugar and cook until the mixture thickens; add the cardamom powder. Mix well and remove from heat.
- In a saucepan, place apples and cover with water; simmer until apples soften. Add remaining ingredients, stir and cook for 1 minute. Blend if liked.
- Scoop a tablespoon of pumpkin halwa into a bowl and add the apple sauce. Serve at room temperature or chilled.